We are looking for a bilingual Constituency Assistant – Communications for the office located in Sherbrooke. This is a full-time position.
- Develop communications strategy and plan
- Prepare speeches, articles for the quarterly newsletter, press releases, etc.
- Manage press relations
- Manage Social Media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Participate in the graphic designing of communications products
- Manage the MP’s publicity in local media
- Support the organization of outreach events in the riding
- Accompany and/or represent the MP during events in the riding on evenings and weekends
- Administer financial operations in accordance with regulations established by the House of Commons and review of quarterly reports
- Follow-up and process citizen files regarding various federal departments
- Other tasks as assig
Qualifications and competencies:
- Bilingual with strong writing skills in French and English
- Experience (3 to 5 years) in a communication position
- Excellent understanding of social media and proficient with Office suite, Publisher and other graphic software programs
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work well autonomously and under pressure
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Moreover, tests will be administered.
In compliance with Quebec’s Act Respecting Equal Access to Employment in Public Bodies, we have an equal access employment program for women, visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities (this program includes the possibility of accommodations during the screening and selection of applications).